2013 Quarterbacks Fantasy Preview: Should Aaron Rodgers Be Your Top Pick?
Last season, the Green Bay Packers’ leading rusher was Alex Green and his craptacular 464 yards and 0 touchdowns. Their run game was so awful that fantasy head coaches and cheese fans proclaimed they were worse than a wedding on the Super Bowl.
Well, the Packers fixed that by bamboozling their competition and drafting both Eddie Lacy and Johnathan Franklin in April’s draft. Packers fans were psyched; “That’s exactly the guy I would have drafted if I was GM!” said one young pigtailed Packers fan. “Hot damn” said another. “Rodgers!” said a block of cheese.
As if Rodgers’ on-field chatter wasn’t going to be enough, the state of Wisconsin had never been this optimistic…
Thankfully for Green Bay, having Franklin and Lacy means teams won’t be able to overload their pass defense, which in turn means Aaron Rodgers won’t have to hold the ball as long. This means, you guessed it, less sacks. He threw 39 touchdowns last year…THAT number is going up. He threw for 4,295 yards…expect THAT number to go up as well. Which all adds up (up, up, up) to Rodgers being a supersexy first round pick for the upcoming Fantasy season. Just in case you had any doubts.
No wonder these dudes are so happy…
- Aaron Rodgers Excels Despite Defensive Pressure (acmepackingcompany.com)
- NBA Draft – Aaron Rodgers Likes Bucks Pick [Video] (guardianlv.com)
- Packers Possibilities (commonsensefootball.com)
- Greg Jennings Will Not Mention Aaron Rodgers By Name (totalpackers.com)
- Packers Team is Versatile for 2013 – Packers Tickets Available for the 2013 Season – GreenBayPackers-Tickets.com Powered By InsideTrackTickets.com (prweb.com)