How Carmelo Anthony Can Believe He’s The Greatest
“I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.” – Muhammad Ali
With five days left until the 2013 NBA shitshow, the time is now for los Bockers. Knicks heartbeat Carmelo Anthony clearly doesn’t sting as potently as the above individual, but we know he’s capable of citywide greatness. Or do we? No, we’re not really sure, which is why we’re anxiously clinging to our couches in anticipation of another probably successful, yet eventually heartbreaking debacle at the hands of porous defense and unnecessary trashtalk (see Redwood Chandler, circa last year).
Maybe it’s time for the real king of NY to snapback that cap, put away that strangely bright grin, and start driving with authority. We can’t really deal with another waste of 82 games under the sole guidance of a massive goatee.
If anyone truly doubts ‘Melo’s greatness, including himself, all one has to do is take a look at his performance during the ’12 wax sports zone unveiling. Breathtaking doesn’t really detail the magnitude of such an award-winning finish…
For the Knicks and soon-to-be free agent Carmelo Anthony, the time was last December, considering we’ve already lost nearly three years to this debacle of a team. As Ali once said, “A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.”
Knicks fans are nearly there…
— NBA News&Opinions (@NBANewsOpinions) September 26, 2013
- Lala Not Worried About Carmelo’s Cheating (blacksportsonline.com)
- NBA | Carmelo Anthony Wants Out of New York (bagladyboutiqe.wordpress.com)
- The Most Underrated Small Forward in the League: Carmelo Anthony (theearteest.wordpress.com)
- What does the Future Hold for Carmelo Anthony? (staticsportsblog.com)
- Carmelo Anthony expects the Knicks to be better than they were last year (probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com)